Monday, October 26, 2009

Pieces

-How Should I Price My Photography?- This is an absolutly fantastic article about pricing photography. This is also a fantastic article describing why I will never be a full time photographer. The amount of hustle it would take to get to a decent earning would be so tough to be almost impossible for me. Not that I am afraid of hustle, but that mindset is so different than I am used to that I am pretty sure I would fail before giving myself a fair chance.
I suspect if it was my only means of income, knowing what I know now, I would/could do it. Fear of failure would drive me in new and different ways. It would also probably push me close to hating the one thing I love- snapping photos.
The one piece this article does not describe is price of insurance of any kind. Health insurance, etc. To make an ok living out of photography is an EXTREMELY tough job. I am sure people can do it, but to get the true value of out your work, you need to be willing to push yourself. Stay motivated, and work odd hours. (think when weddings happen or when families are available for potraits) I don't think I could do that...


- New Canon instant rebates available- Lenses, flashes.  Just in time for the holiday season. Nice.

- Norman Rockwell: The Original King of the Photoshop- Gizmodo; Nice discovery. Seems light is light, and editing is still editing... but the end image is paycheck. Norman Rockwell knew that.

- My wish list via B+H Photo Video. Ya know, if you have some spare cash and want to buy me something nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment