Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Links

Thought today would be a good day to supply a fresh set of photo-links.

- Canon announced their new 1D Mark IV. It is a beast of a camera. The video example is sick, just sick.

- Picasa 3.5 Organizes Your Photos with Facial Recognition- LifeHacker; I suppose if I was doing more group/friends/social fun shooting this would be helpful. (like uploads for Facebook) But otherwise, not so much. Still- Picasa is a great free tool!

- Giz Explains: When (Not) To Use Your Camera's Flash- Gizmodo; Great information. Most folks just do not know. Prime example is at U2 concerts. Tons of flashes, and the great view of the guys hand in front of you and not so much of Bono on stage.

- Polaroid Pulls an About-Face, Decides to Re-Launch Instant Film Next Year- Gizmodo; I wish I cared, I really do. I know there is something really arty to the Polaroid, but I just am not in to that aspect.

- Custom Folding Umbrella- Artscow; When I think umbrella, I think shoot-through or bounce. Not a REAL umbrella for the rain. Even weirder is that they put photos of stuff on it. Who the heck is gonna see it? Seriously... if it is open it is pointed up... if it is closed, it is put away. Ugh. 

- “I’ll Light Ya For It….”- Joe McNally; The inner photography geek in me loved this little take off. Fantastic. (Strobist take)

- QnA: Big Group in a Big, Dark Room- Strobist; Really good description of how to light a large group. If I get the chance, I will need to buy/borrow a third light to sync. Though I don't know anyone else who uses CyberSyncs. Hopefully it would be a paying job so I can get one. Thankfully the receivers are not that pricey.


- 10 Ways to Improve Your Photography Without Buying Gear- PhotoFocus; Very good list of material.  I think #7 is a problem I have right now. I have no clue what I want to photograph- generally. Though I am narrowing it down slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment