Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Challenges

I haven't had nearly the free time to explore new photography ideas and concepts as I used to. And by extension I haven't had to practice anything new and different. So I am pretty much locked in to the 'same old same old.'

I feel motivated by a couple different things, they include but are not limited to:
  • Seeing other work
  • Travel and associated research
  • Chatting with other photographers
  • Passing by something and seeing in a different way
  • Trying to relay everyday things differently
So my challenge recently is finding time to become motivated and finding time to shoot. I don't always feel motivated, or have the right conditions to do so. Most of my free time is after baby goes to sleep at night, which is limited.

One thing that I found interesting is try to duplicate something like this example. I see that and I want to be able to duplicate the effect. I should go back and watch the Strobist DVD se t to get new examples of things to think about. There are plenty of points of inspiration. I just need to get the resources in place to be ready to shoot that next great photo. 

While I find myself at a point that I am pretty happy with results, I also know I don't want to just stop at this level. (probably more like a plateau) I want to get better... some of that involves research, some of that involves inspiration... and maybe some of those limits are due to the gear I currently have. So now I need to figure out if it is my motivation, vision, or gear that is limiting me. Where do I find the time and inspiration to reach out?

I honestly don't know... but here is to finding out. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment