Thursday, November 5, 2009

Links

I am working on a photo-related announcement, but until everything is in place I don't want to jump the gun. Lets just say- I am super excited about it if it proves to be true!

Here are some new photo related links I have discovered:


- PhotoTune 3- PhotographyBlog; Not so much the software involved- however cool, it is the location of the sample images. Here is my take on the same location- still wished I had taken my tripod!

- What the Duck just slays me, SLAYS me.

- Kelby Tours, DC Stop- Joe McNally; I see these examples and wish someone could have videoed the setup. I learn SO MUCH better when I work backwards- see the image, see the setup, try myself, repeate. The problem is the last setp- being able to repeate the look. That takes practice and re-examing the example. Hence the video.Also why I loved the Strobist videos.

- A Beginner’s Guide to Flickr- DPS; I joined Flickr back in 2003- over six years ago. So I have just 'grown up' with it. I know it farely well, but this guide helps reinforce that it does things well and how. I just recall losing hours clicking from photo, to stream, to sets, to groups... yikes.

- 5 Tips for Photographing Children- DPS; I was able to take some tips from this very article for a inpromtu Halloween party shoot. Getting them to relax in front of a stranger was the hardest. I busted out the, "Who is your favorite Disney character..." question. That seemed to relax the girls dressed up as princesses.

- I want to practice with a fill light source some soon. I have a nice sheet of coroplast for just that purpose. I think I want to try bouncing a light off the ceiling, and using the sheet to bounce from the ground to under the face. Just creating some fill light. Not sure of the settings yet, but thinking 1/2 strobe power off the ceiling, with 1/100 f/5.6 for starters and see how that goes. Single strobe. Subject might be my daughter sitting in her bumbo seat. Or my normal subject- my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment