Monday, November 23, 2009

Links

With late fall here, interesting nature images are in a bit of a lull for me. I haven't taken my camera with me the past two times going for river walks with my dog, and not disappointed about the decision. The last one I didn't see something other than a mallard until ten minutes left. Sad really...
On the positive side I have gotten some really nice photos of my daughter while she plays. As she is a tad lower to the ground than most subjects, I am trying a new method of lighting her. I am still using my shoot through umbrella, but I am putting it on the ground angled up. I simply put the strobe on the floor, and angle the head to match the incline of the umbrella. The resulting light has been just spot on and wonderfully soft.

Links:

- ShutterBuddy Attacks Baby Photo ADD Issue with Simplicity- Gizmodo; Interesting idea. Though I think some toys might be more effective.

- Flickr Chooses Snapfish As Its Preferred Printing Partner- Photography Blog; I guess Qoop has flown the coop. (oh come on, like you weren't thinking the same.) Qoop used to be the primary print function for Flickr.

- Adobe Debuts Photoshop.com Mobile for Android- Photography Blogl; Its coming... mobile Photoshop. Not sure if it will get past the basics (i.e. straighten and crop), but time will tell.

- Portrait Photography In The Eyes Of 5 Years Olds- DIYPhotography; That is just fantastic. I love it.

- Mini Review of the Spyder3 Express- PhotoFocus; I think I need to invest in a monitor calibration tool like this. And the price is pretty darn good considering what it can do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment