Monday, November 30, 2009

JJ jump


JJ jump
Originally uploaded by Phil Romans
This was a bit of fun to do. I am not much of a post editing sort of guy, I don't even own Photoshop. However, I will use the open source equivalent in Gimp.

How it was done:

Position self.
Check settings on camera for Hi-speed shutter.
Shoot as subject doesn't break himself.

At home, research the heck out of Layer masking.

In Gimp, you can import several photos as layers. Nice.
To each layer I applied a layer mask, making it dark. Gimp made the last photo in the series, where JJ landed, the background image.
So when I went to each layer, I simply panted to reveal that version of him. It got tricky when they overlapped.

Turned out pretty good, and lesson learned on how to make the image!

No comments:

Post a Comment