Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW!

Now that the two blizzards in the area have gone away, I can report on my few photography attempts. The first was to do time lapse photography of the progression of the storm. I do not have anything fancy like a Timer Remote Control. I would also not argue if someone bought me one. Instead I went old school and snapped at semi-regular intervals. I used the tripod to setup a spot next to the front door so the images would be consistent. What I did not count on was the blowing snow melting on the window and creating a bad image. Live and learn.
I had thought that was pretty cool.. then we had a second blizzard. In less than five days- wow. I did the same setup, and while I knew the window would get really crusted, I didn't care. However there was a point that my inner-photogeek awoke- a snow plow at 5:51am! Wonderful! Low light meant I would do a 2 second exposure and the slower snowplow with lights would make some good streaks.
I was very happy with the results...

Here are the two sets of images:
Blizzard #1
Blizzard #2

Funny thing you can see from the shots was my slowly disappearing mail box. I don't think I will get it delivered again until July!

In an attempt to do something other than snow photos, I did some others. Most from an attempt I saw else where. A piece of glass, with a strobe underneath shooting up, and a second strobe isolating the item from a different angle. Here is my favorite of the attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment