Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome

Gotta post that first entry...

I started this blog in the attempts to explain, expand, understand, share, explore, and basically tout all things that I dis/like about photography.

I started out with a goal list like this:

- photography related- somehow
- not an super advanced blog
- a bit nerdy
- lessons learned, showing why my old photos suck now
- interesting photo bits found on the web
- general photo information found on the web
- lists of my favorite things (websites, etc)

I realized a month ago, with my daughter being around, that I wasn't really paying too much attention to photography. So to make an effort to share what I know, pay more attention to it, develop a central repository of just photography information, and if I can explain it and someone understands it- then I know it.
It has taken me several slow years to get all the gear I have. This came from need and the desire to do better. I love to know, to explore, to try things out, and to learn. The best thing about photography it is mostly see and do. Which is great because that is how I learn best...

So far most photographers I have talked with, either causal ones or fairly serious ones have been very helpful and informative about their small slice of it. So maybe with this blog I can share some back.

I am no Ansel Adams, and I am no point and shoot tourist either... I am somewhere in between and I am trying to get better. I am amazed at photos I look at a year prior and realize how bad they were... I am hoping that is making me a better photographer on several levels. Time will tell.

I've got too many ideas floating in my head right now- lots of posts to come. Hopefully I can get a bunch in to this blog to share with others.

Enjoy.

ps I am a horrible self editor of my writing. If you see bad grammar, feel free to point it out to me. I don't have a paid editor on staff to correct such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment