Saturday, August 29, 2009

Canon 7D?

I am thinking this is fake. The 5D Mark II was announced on September 2008. Canon has an 18 month new product cycle, which means the next one for the 5D replacement should be announced in February of 2010. WAY too early for any sort of production information like this in poster format.

The reported stats of this 'new' body really don't jive with the current format. 6400 ISO on the 7D where as the 5D II has the same plus higher as options.

I could do more with the poster from the translations in the forums... but that is not the crux of my post.

My opinion is that this is a fake. There is just no way a Chinese poster version of a new Canon camera comes out months before it should be announced. Just doesn't happen.

This one part of the digital camera age I do like- geeking out about things.

UPDATE:
Found this posted on Engadget this morning... maybe it isn't as fake as I had thought. Still confusing on how it would be placed in the lineup if it is real.
Not a full frame sensor, but 8 frames per second. *ponder*

No comments:

Post a Comment