Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas card photos

I have been waiting a while to post this information about our Christmas card photos. We put our tree up two days after Thanksgiving, and the next day I did our photos with baby in front of the tree. I thought about for a moment but realized, it would be easy to light.
I needed two lights sources- one for the tree behind baby, and one for baby herself.


The strobe on camera left was a bounce umbrella at 1/2 power. Looking back I should have raised that to full power just to see the difference.

The strobe on camera right was a shoot through umbrella on camera right for lighting baby, 1/4 or 1/8 power depending on the lens used. I used my 17-40 f/4 and my 50mm f/1.8 as different depths of focus were attempted.

Over all I was pretty pleased with the results. Next year I am gonna try something different, just not sure what yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment