Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's official- Canon 7D

Color me confused! I was honestly thinking this was a clever ruse. I was wrong!

The only thing I can think of is that it is the tweener body- between the Canon 5D Mark II and the Canon 50D- which means it is targeted at me.

Not sure if I would use the Wireless file transmission, but it is an expensive option- $700.

I do like the artificial horizon overlay. That does rock.
Dual processors for wicked fast processing.
Still has the 1.6x cropped sensor.
ISO up to 3200, or a possible 128000 in H mode.
Still uses CF cards, no SD dual slots.
19 points of AF
weather-sealing
oh, and HD video.
It is something I will be seriously considering when I am going to replace my aging 30D. Now, can a brother spare $1600 for the body- please? I'd be willing to give up my 30D in trade!

(update: one thing I am not sure I like- it uses a new vertical battery grip. Another $300 investment. Grrrrrrr)


Read a hands on review from DPreview.
Read the official Canon press release here.

No comments:

Post a Comment