Friday, November 11, 2011

Impromptu photo assigment

I hadn't planned to shoot tonight.... not at all. However, as I will not be in town for the annual Turkey Bowl I won't have a chance to shoot it like I have in the past. (2010, 2008)

I realized yesterday that Calvert Hall was in the play offs for the MIAA championship. They play tonight under the lights at CHC, and I figured- what the heck?

I called, asked nicely, and they said sure. Gonna be cold, gonna be a bit windy. So layers, gloves, etc are in order. I got plenty of cold weather gear, not worried about that.

Haven't shot a sports game since I got my Canon 7D though. I think the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS is gonna be glued to the body for 90% of the game.

Gonna be fun, never 'officially' shot a CHC game at home before. Will offer the images up to the Alumni Office if they want any of course. Won't be like Ravens Stadium, but at least I won't be hedged to the stands.


Off to charge batteries and make sure my Patagonia Capilene doesn't stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment