Friday, April 30, 2010

Possibilities

I was thinking the other day... if I had my own photography company- I would want a dedicated piece of transportation for all the gear I would take on various locations. So, what would I use for all that? Of course I would have all sorts of options on site. Better to take it and not use it than go and not have a piece you need.

I would think I would want some sort of roof rack so I could setup on the roof for shots. I would want lots of secure storage in the back... some sort of way of charging batteries on the road too. Inverters off a dedicated battery maybe.
But I think the vehicle for me would be the Sprinter van probably... maybe I just want it to be. More likely I would wind up getting some junker minivan.

Ah... dreams of what might be. I think I am more excited about the possibility of doing than the actual doing. Thats geek right there.

Links:


- Canon 5D Mark II used to shoot entire House season finale, director says it's 'the future'- Engadget; Cool beans... quiet the change from the big cameras they normally use.

- Turn Off the Flash for Better Food Photos- LifeHacker; If you use on-camera flash I would agree... however, if you are a Strobist, then you can figure it out better to light the item.

- DSLR Concept Redesign Makes More Room For Your Face- Gizmodo; Cool idea. How ergonomic can they push it?


- Photographing Children – Know When to Leave your Camera- DPS; Good points... I often leave my camera when going with my kid. Though there are a few times I regret it. The times I do take it, I find that I am paying more attention to locating the shot than I ought to.

- The Most Powerful Light In Your Bag- Strobist; Great article. I often don't take my tripod because it is too balky... but in low light I try to take it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment