Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Photo-gathering

This coming weekend, I signed up for a group of folks to get together and do some photography. Nice, good. It will be my first venture out to try things out in a while. Cool beans.
The question is now- what do I attempt to do? Short of possible bad weather, lack of models, and other issues... I want to at least have a game plan.

I think such gatherings would be good to talk shop, show off technique, and generally learn some new ways of doing things. I am usually pretty interested in finding out how/why others shoot the way they do. It is one thing to see the end result, but 'seeing' the thought process has always been very helpful to my learning. (monkey see- monkey do might be another way of looking at it.)

I am gonna bring most of my gear along just in case, you never know what you might need. (short of the backdrop that is)

But the question is, what do I want to try? My normal photography is fly on the wall stuff, but I have been getting in to more people stuff. Outdoors would be a nice practice for people. With the warm weather, trees blooming, there is more opportunity to photograph people outside. I do love open shade, but what happens when that isn't possible? I guess that is something to think about and work for... and if it is only me- then what? Things I don't want to run in to and tackle when I have a rare paying gig without some information!

Hopefully the weather holds up and we have some people to photograph other than each other... nothing worse than a photographer trying to photograph another one. Seriously... overall, I think most photographers like being behind the camera instead of in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment