Sunday, January 3, 2010

A photo request I could not do

I do love What The Duck, the comic. It is just darn funny, and it also helps it is all about photography. I noticed that the creator was donating 10% of his sales to a charity called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Foundation. I didn't think much of the news. Not much at all...

Until last Thursday when I looked it up at work, and nearly couldn't go to a meeting because I was starting to cry.

I will let you click on their link to read the about us section. Go on- read it.

As a recent parent, I couldn't even think about something like that. Going someplace to snap photos of a family at their final moments. It is heart breaking, completely and utterly. To see a family being ripped apart at the very core of the meaning family.

It is something I could not do.

Yet, there are over 7,000 volunteer photographers to do this very thing. Good on every last one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment