Monday, January 11, 2010

Links


I have new gear from Christmas, but I need time to set it all up and shoot examples. One is a backdrop, which I have an example of here. Thanks to my ever present assistant Sierra for helping me model the new use. It may look like a sheet hanging up, but thats pretty much what it is!

I eventually would like to get some seamless backdrop working. But for now the muslin cloth will do. Combined with two shoot through strobes, and the short distances I am using, I think the results should be plenty good.

The other item I received for Christmas is a 5 in 1 reflector and a multi-angle stand to hold that, or other things. No examples of that in action or use yet, hence the lack of a better posting.

On to links!

- Canon announces new Wireless File Transmitter units for latest pro models, enables DSLR hive-minding- Engadget; I can only wish I had a need to instantly transmit data from my camera to a laptop. I can see this being very helpful in studios and perhaps at weddings, but for my need- not so much.

- PaPaLaB's YC-3300 camera sees same colors as human eyes- Engadget; About stinking time!

- A Day in a Photographer's Life- Gizmodo; Nice little slice. Still convinced I wouldn't be able to hack a full time gig as a photographer.

- Repurpose a Drawer Liner as a Powerful Flash Diffuser- LifeHacker; Interesting little hack. Nice.

- Get Your Camera Returned with a Great Photo Message- LifeHacker; Cook idea. Though I format my card a lot. Not sure if it would work so nice.

- Three Songs, No Flash!- New book about concert photography. First one I have seen regarding just this topic. Plenty of websites out there, but no books.

- PLM umbrellas offer sweet combo of efficiency and softness- Rob Galbraith; Nice recap of a very cool system.

- Twenty Questions- Strobist; David Hobby, always thinking.

Once again, What The Duck steals my life:


No comments:

Post a Comment