Tuesday, June 27, 2017

More U2

I am EXTREMELY lazy in updating this blog... Yes, I know. Life has gotten extremely busy.


More to the point- two more U2 shows during their Joshua Tree tour. I attended the Philly show and DC show. I am going to lump my thoughts in to a list format as I want to do.


  • This tour does not feel like a regular U2 tour. In that they are not supporting new material.
  • Because it is in a stadium, most everyone I would want to hang out with is scattered all over the place
  • Due to previous point, people are showing up at all sorts of different times
  • There are a LOT of "bucket list" attendees to these shows
  • The screen is HUGE, amazingly crisp, and amazing
  • The b-stage is great, but not utilized as much as I thought it would be
  • For Philly I was left of the b-stage, and was not happy with the angle due to the camera boom located there. D'oh!
  • For DC I was right of the b-stage, and pretty darn happy with the angle
  • If I had gone to a third show, I would have stood between the b-stage and the main stage. Oh well!
  • For Philly I shot blindly above my head. Too many damn mobiles out. My arm got tired doing that.
  • For DC I was much closer to the stage/rail, not nearly as many mobiles in front of me to block photos.
  • At each show I wound up standing next to another fan photographer. It was not planned, it just happened. Nice to be able to talk about the show through the lens.
  • Still very sorry about blocking my one buddy at Philly, after he tipped me on the shot below. Still feel bad about that.

From Philly (full photo album here):
Bono jump


From DC (full photo album here):
U2, main stage

No comments:

Post a Comment