Friday, March 16, 2012

What would next be?

I have been thinking, what I would want next in terms of camera gear? I know I would rather have more time, or a focus, with time to shoot a project. Then I thought, what would I do with $3,000 if it suddenly just landed in my lap?

If I know where I want to go, I need to know where I have been. What I want to do in the near future. Knowing limits of my gear, or getting frustrated because I can't get the shot I want with what I have right now.

I would LOVE to have a Canon 5D, not the Mark III, but the Mark II. Even at reduced prices, $2,200 is too much. Most of my gear prices are from B+H, the perfect place to buy all your camera gear. Woot.

Things I can think off the top of my head:

- 2 or 3 Canon 43EX II Speedlights $300 each, say $900 total.
- Canon extender, 1.4 or 2x? Might as well go for the gusto and get the 2x, $500
- 2 more CyberSyncs $70 each, $140
- 3-4 Manfroto light stands, new ones that do what I had always wanted- lay flat. $50 each, $200

I really want a super wide angle lens, which combined with the cropped sensor of the 7D is limiting... but I I have tried it before and it is super nice. Too bad an L series wide angle is over $2,000.

- A 28mm f/1.8 Canon EF lens, for $500
- Say a couple subscriptions for Flickr for renewal, update my website renewals, and keep some other on-line costs going.
- Prints for lots of future projects and family stuff via MPIX.
- Money for diy photo projects
- More rechargeable batteries
- A new BIG monitor

I think I could get to $3000 without trying too hard nor going to get a couple new lens or a new camera body.

1 comment:

  1. I would probably do the same thing...buy smaller items rather than a new camera body. Wow...to think about having an $3,000 is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete